Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Beckham and Catwoman

Last Thursday my 3 year old started soccer. For those who don't know. They don't play games at this age they just work on skills. Well, to start the practice off we have a coach who has only taught 3 and 4 year olds one other time before (that we know of). She acted like she had never taught them before and asked them questions that they had no idea what the answer would be or what she was talking about. Then he got tired not even halfway through and instead of daddy running the drills with him (he has played soccer). C wanted mommy to run the drills with him (i have never played soccer). So there I was in t-shirt, jeans, and flip flops running up and down a soccer field. This was supposed to be a father son activity but boy was I wrong. Then the week before that I learned that my 5 month old daughter could hold her own. A friend at playgroup was holding her, when her 2 year old son came over to see what his mom was doing. Now at 5 months she does not have great control over her arms. So as he was looking at her she flailed her arm and poked him in the eye. Well, as the playgroup progressed his got worse and worse until his mom took him to the doctor that night. The next day I got a txt message that was a picture of him with an eye patch and tape on his face and eye. E the cat woman scratched the boys cornea. Can you believe it? I couldn't. I was completely shocked and I felt horrible that this happened, but the little boys mom said the only reason he was wearing the patch was because he could not leave it alone and it healed over night. Phew! That was the first time one of my children have sent another child to the doctor and will hopefully be the last, but I am not going to hold my breath. So watch out boys, E can handle herself just fine. She is cute but apparently dangerous if you don't watch out. Hope you enjoyed a slice of our interesting lives.

1 comment:

EngineersFalcon said...

That coach is probably great on the soccer field but clueless with the little ones. She seemed to suck most of the fun out of soccer for us last season.