Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Adventure

A couple of Saturdays ago we took the kids to get their pictures taken. Elli needed her 1 month done and I thought it would be a good opportunity to get sibling pics as well. We made an appointment for late in the afternoon wich started out promising. Carson took a great nap. Alan actually had to wake him up. He was in a great mood until we tried to get him dressed for the pics. He decided he did not want to wear the blue polo shirt that I picked out for him. Instead he wanted to wear an orange one. This is when I thought that it was going to be a rough afternoon. Things settled down though. We got to the photography studio and there were people everywhere and again I thought this was not going to be good. To my surprise they went ahead and took us back because we had an appointment and the other people did not. Carson was still on the fence with good behavior though.

When we get into the little studio (I really mean little) Carson starts getting into Everything. The photographer did not care though, she was great. We took pics of Elli first in her dress. Then Carson starts turning on the charm and saying "cheese" so cutely that I have hope of their sibling pics turning out ok. He could not wait for his turn in front of the camera. As a matter of fact he got to take pics all by himself because the photographer fell in love with his cuteness and "cheeses". So while sissy was getting ready for her first (and ONLY) naked pics. (You hear that Hef? Only naked pics ever!) The photographer gets some great candid shots of Carson.

Now it is time for the nakie pics. The poor girl would not turn her head the right way. Everytime we tried to postion her the way her head was going she would look the other way. Also, she kept sliding around on the black velvet background. She eventually pooped all over the background wich just added to the fun and drama of the day.

Well, we finally pay for pics and head out to the car when we notice that someone has taken our nice, sweet, fun loving boy and traded him for a two headed, tantrum throwing monster. What just happened? From the studio to the car he completely changed and not even a trip to McD's would calm him down. That is the tale of one of our many trips for pics., but it was worth it. Here are some of my favorites.



















4 comments:

The Gardner Gang said...

They are so cute! I know how you feel I remember trying to get all my kids together for a sibling picture before last christmas. It was a nightmare. Nathan was so not in the mood. On top of that my Sister and Brother-in-law had an appointment right after us so the got the great idea to take a picture with all of us thats 4 adults and 6 kids. We ended up with Nathan sucking his thumb and holding his faded use-to-be-green lovie. Ian was also sucking his pac. However we got us all in the picture and looking at it now I am glad because it really looks like the boys and reminds us of where they were at the time. Like you say even the headache is worth it.
Love your blog, keep it up.
H

Unknown said...

The pics are too cute!!! WOW you sure do have beautiful kidos.

The Gardner Gang said...

Dori, Just to let you know your link to Missy's blog is not working.
H

EngineersFalcon said...

You are so brave - I did not attempt to get a sibling pic until Princess was 3mo and Explorer was 17 mo. Then I had to because my family had brought clothes for them from Hawaii - It turned out cure though. Also, even though I have been behind, I am loving your blog.