Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Argh!!!!


I love my darling daughter. I really really do. She is just really testing me right now. She is 7 weeks old and will not take naps in her bed. She will take a short catnap in her bed, but to get her to sleep along time I have to hold her or wear her (put her in a wrap). Most of the time I don't mind holding her or wearing her because I know that this time is fleeting, but the past 2 days have been so tiring with this that I feel like I am about to snap. My hubby says that sometimes we might just need to let her cry. Easy for him to say. He is not here so he doesn't have to hear it. I know he means well and doesn't like to see me tired or frustrated, but her crying just makes the situation worse. We have tried all kinds of things to get her to stay asleep too. Oh well, she is just going to be my spoiled princess. I do love her so very much. Thanks for listening!


4 comments:

Kendra Haneline said...

This too shall pass. Kensley did the same thing until she was about 3 months old. She didn't really take naps in her crib until she was 6 months. I would let her sleep wherever she would... besides me. It gets better, I promise.

She's a real cutie.. glad to see a pic.

The Gardner Gang said...

Be encouraged. It is so hard to hear our babies cry and doubly trying when we have other children to take care of. Your are a good Mother and you will get through this. I like your blog, I haven't been on the computer in a week so thats why I haven't commented already. Hope to see you at summer activities. Keep up the good work.
H

Unknown said...

I feel your pain.. Nathan has a double ear infection and has been crying a bunch the last few days. I'd let her sleep wherever she'll sleep for now. I think she's too young yet to just let her cry. It will get better, I promise. :)

EngineersFalcon said...

I am so sorry that you are tired. This can be such a lonely time, at home with such little ones. I will be praying for you, that God will use His Spirit to give you what you need - whether it be the insight to know how to help BabyGirl sleep or the strength to endure this phase. You are a great mom and I love you.