Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Natural or Organic?

That is the question or at least I thought it was. I thought I would go to the grocery store and just pick wichever product in natural or organic. I was so wrong.

I have learned just because those words are on the label does not mean that I can eat it. I wrongly assumed that those two words meant that it was ok to eat this it is good for you. WRONG! They still have sugar and white flour. Granted not as much white flour or the sugar is organic, but that doesn't really help me. Sometimes I will buy these products but it is not the easy cure all I was hoping it would be. Don't even get me started on things that claim to be whole wheat. It is all in the ingredients which I have to still read. So it takes me 2 hours to go grocery shopping and I have to go to more than one store, but the benefits and impact this could have on my family far out ways all of that.

On a side note. Dr. DarkSpot (a.k.a 3.5 year old son) started Prekindergarten Monday. We have chosen to home school (at least this grade) and we couldn't be happier and more at peace with our decision. Especially since this is where the Lord wants us to be. I have been doing some Preschool work with him, but this is our first reputable curriculum that we have done. We have chosen to do K4 Foundations from BJU. So far we really like it and the Dr. seems to be learning a lot. He blows me away everyday with what he can do and I am just so blessed and honored that God has lead us down this path so I can see all of this. I never planned to be doing this with my family, but only God knows the plans He has for me.

2 comments:

Kristin Espinosa said...

I am so proud of you for the effort you are taking towards being healthier. I'm so sorry I haven't helped more! I promise I will come out of hiding soon. If nothing else, the sunshine has to make me feel better! I love you and I am praying for you!

EngineersFalcon said...

So, I finally got around to commenting. I know that this (school and food) are hard work - but I see your family reaping more and more benefits everyday. Love you girl.