Sunday, December 5, 2010

What would I do?

This week in my comp II class we talked about plagiarism. The question was asked, "What would I do if I was plagiarized?" I think if this happened to me I would at first be very shocked. This is such a serious offense. I have seen what it does to authors who write fan fiction. They are very angry when they learn of the situation but above that they are really hurt. When you plagiarize someone you are stealing their ideas from them and calling them your own. I have seen authors pull stories never to be finished or revisited because they feel so hurt and betrayed.

I am sure that is how I would feel. I would like to think that I would act all diplomatically and talk to the person rationally, but I can't promise that will happen. I won't really know what I would do until it happens. I know I would take action and get the situation remedied. I would like to think I would do that in the best way possible and not bring embarrassment to myself or anyone else. All I can do is hope and pray that is what I would do. I guess we will see until then.

Later days~
Dori =)

1 comment:

Kela said...

I almost felt the same you did felt but I never see myself publishing anything to the extend someone could steal my words or thoughts. If I never pulished anything but wrote a paper it wouldn't bother me but I would be honored if someone thought my work was useful to them. But if I did publish something it might be a different story.